Water brings communities together; keeps industries moving and sustains life. It has significant cultural and environmental value as well as an estimated market value of more than $29 billion in NSW. When it's taken unlawfully, we lose more than just the water.
We enforce the NSW water laws so it is fair for all those who do right thing. We also offer guidance and education to help and encourage water users to comply.
We strive to be an efficient and effective regulator that celebrates and reflects the diversity of the community we serve.
Working with NRAR provides a chance to make a difference. You'll work with a group of passionate and likeminded people to protect our water.
Water is for everyone; help us protect it.
The NRAR Way
At NRAR, we model our behaviour around six core values or 'The NRAR Way'.
Our workplace strives to be kind, inclusive, daring, creative, collaborative and to always act with integrity.
Why work for NRAR?
- A role with NRAR is an exciting stepping stone to a career in resource management.
- We offer opportunities for professional development including formal certifications, on the job training and a variety of courses.
- We offer pathways to develop your skills and grow your career in NRAR.
- With offices across NSW and flexible work arrangements, enjoy a work-life that’s compatible with your real-life.
- We believe regulators need to be as diverse as the communities they represent. We’re committed to building a workplace that’s suitable for you, whatever your needs.
- We are proud to have Aboriginal cultural and spiritual water values as one of our enduring priorities. Our work in this space is guided by board member and proud Gomeroi man, Phil Duncan, our Aboriginal Support Network (ASN) and our engagement with Aboriginal communities across NSW.